This trial focused on the replacement of Sulfa-Check (sodium nitrite) in an upflow contact tower with sparger assembly.
A major gas producer in South East Texas was using a mixture of 10 drums of fresh water for the removal of H2S in their contact tower. The run time equated to two months before change-outs were necessary. After each run, the tower trays were removed and the system steam cleaned in order to remove the precipitated sulfur and other deposits that had accumulated on the interior wall of the sparger. This process included a labor crew and steam-cleaning unit. The clean-out time ran from one to two days depending on the severity of disposition.
- Gas Production MMscf/d 120-200
- Inlet H₂S, ppm 400
- Tower Dimension 15′ x 16′
- Due to on-going sulfur deposition and labor intensive change-outs, Q² Technologies was invited to test our triazine process utilizing the same tower. Calculations indicated that a 50% reduction in total product would achieve the same results as the Sulfa-Check. Five drums of triazine and five drums of fresh water were added to the contractor.
- It was determined after the two-month test period, that our triazine achieved the same performance as Sulfa-Check with half as much product.
- In addition, the vessel was found to be free of solids upon inspection. There was no clean out involved and the reacted product was easily drained and the tower recharged.
- By using triazine, no solids were generated and only half the amount of triazine was needed for treatment. compared to Sulfa-Check.
Related Case Studies
Natural Gas - Triazine
Natural Gas Processing Plant H2S Optimization Program
- Run times per chemical change-out increased by 35% by using Triazine.
Natural Gas - Pro3 Nano®
Replacement of Sulfatreat with Non-Triazine H2S Scavenger Pro3® Nano to unlock Oil Production
- Pro3® Nano and SulfurCycle regeneration process allowed production of oil that otherwise would be shut in and stranded.Chemical use cut by 80%.
Natural Gas - Pro3® Nano
Replacement of Triazine with Pro3® Nano
- Pro3® Nano replaced Triazine reducing the cost of treatment and
allowed treatment of more sour gas which could not be sweetened with Triazine, thereby increasing production and margins.