A wastewater collection system running through a suburban community had a strong hydrogen sulfide (H2S) odor causing neighbors’ complaints. The wastewater treatment plant tried different programs for odor control to address the complaints of the neighboring community. A ferrous sulfate treating program was tried unsuccessfully resulting in uninterrupted community complaints and high operational costs.
- Reduce hydrogen sulfide odor causing complaints from community members.
- A sulfate treating program had already been implemented and results were not succesful.
- Q2 Technologies was given the opportunity to implement the Enviro-Scrub® program. This custom-made program added a tote of our custom formulated chemical with a metering pump feeding directly into the lift station, as seen on diagram 1. The Enviro-Scrub® was fed into the lift station influent ahead of the baffle station.
- The neighboring community has not presented any further complaints. Labor costs have been reduced given that the Enviro-Scrub® program supplies the scavenging chemical with a metering pump on a continuous basis.
- Eliminated odor complaints in neighborhood.
- Enviro-Scrub® is more cost effective than ferrous sulfate and magnesium hydroxide.
Related Case Studies
Wastewater Treatment - Enviro-Scrub® Bio
Biological Treatment of Lift Station
- Enviro-Scrub® Bio is completely eco-friendly and more cost effective than ferric chloride.
- H2S completely eliminated and spikes no longer seen.
Wastewater Treatment - Enviro-Scrub®
Sludge Treatment for Food Processor
- H2S in sludge eliminated and health hazards with spikes of up to 750 ppm H2S mitigated by using Enviro-Scrub®.