Q2 Technologies has brought to market Pro3® Nano, a novel nanoparticle non-triazine H2S scavenger. Pro3® Nano removes H2S from gas streams and converts it into non-hazardous elemental sulfur. When combined with the SulfurCycle process, Pro3® Nano is regenerable allowing the reagent to be used multiple times resulting in much lower operating costs compared to triazine scavengers. With a larger operating range and significantly lower cost than Triazine, SulfurCycle and Pro3® Nano add value to reserves by allowing operators to produce otherwise uneconomical wells.
- Sour gas is produced and comingled from multiple wells on plunger cycles, resulting in rapidly changing flow rates between 100Mcf/d and 1,500Mcf/d.
- H2S content of the gas ranges from 20ppm to 5,500ppm, which varies within minutes at the point of treatment.
- Low market value for the gas demands a more cost effective treatment than Triazine to produce these wells economically.
- Pro3® Nano replaced Triazine reducing the cost of treatment and allowed treatment of more sour gas which could not be sweetened with Triazine, thereby increasing production and margins.
- The SulfurCycle process was deployed to regenerate the Pro3® Nano and handle the wild swings in flow rate and H2S concentrations to sweeten the gas below the pipeline specification of 4ppm.
- Triazine was only capable of economically treating
the lowest ppm H2S gas <200ppm.
- Pro3® Nano allowed for economic treatment of 5,500ppm H2S.
- Only 250Mcf/day could be economically treated with Triazine
- SulfurCycle with Pro3® Nano economically treats >750Mcf/d.
- Radical swings in flow rate and H2S concentrations required overdosing with Triazine such that Triazine to H2S ratios were well below 2:1.
- Pro3®Nano achieves ratios as high as 20 ppm H2S:1 ppm Pro3® Nano.
- Spent Triazine required pigging to keep the pipeline flowing freely.
- SulfurCycle produces non-hazardous elemental
sulfur which is disposed of in the local landfill.
- Pro3® Nano allowed operator to produce a high H2S well while increasing production 3X.
- Operating Expenses per unit of sulfur were cut by more than 90% when using Pro3® Nano.
- SulfurCycle operations enjoy >98% availability while meeting the 4ppm specification 100% of the time over a 3-month trial.
Related Case Studies
Natural Gas - Pro3 Nano®
Replacement of Sulfatreat with Non-Triazine H2S Scavenger Pro3® Nano to unlock Oil Production
- Pro3® Nano and SulfurCycle regeneration process allowed production of oil that otherwise would be shut in and stranded.Chemical use cut by 80%.
Natural Gas - Triazine
Natural Gas Processing Plant H2S Optimization Program
- Run times per chemical change-out increased by 35% by using Triazine.
Natural Gas - Triazine
Natural Gas Treatment
- By using triazine, no solids were generated and only half the amount of Triazine was needed for treatment. compared to Sulfa-Check.