Q2 Technologies has brought to market Pro3® Nano, a proven non-triazine solid Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) scavenger.
Pro3® Nano chemically reacts and absorbs H2S from gas streams and converts the H2S into non-hazardous iron sulfate which is removed from the tower when the media is fully spent. When packed into specifically designed or retrofitted contact towers, the Pro3® Nano product can offer lower operating costs as compared to triazine scavengers. With longer cycle times, allowing for fewer cleanouts, and less field personnel on hand to monitor on a daily basis, operations utilizing Pro3® Nano add value to reserves by increasing production of previously curtailed sour wells.
- Sour gas is produced and comingled from multiple wells on plunger cycles, resulting in rapidly changing flow rates between 100Mcf/d and 1,500Mcf/d.
- H2S content of the gas ranges from 20ppm to 400ppm, which varies within minutes at the point of treatment.
- OPEX finance planning required for less volatile swings due to the commodity price nature of triazine.
- Pro3® Nano replaced triazine, reducing the cost of treatment and allowed treatment of more sour gas which could not be sweetened with triazine, thereby increasing production and margins.
- The Pro3® Nano option seamlessly handled the swings in flow rates and H2S concentrations to consistently sweeten the gas to pipeline specification of 4ppm.
- Triazine was only capable of economically treating the lowest ppm H2S gas <200ppm.
- Pro3® Nano allowed for economic treatment of all inlet H2S.
- Triazine treatment needed consistent flow and only accounted for treating 250Mcf/day
- Radical swings in flow rate and H2S concentrations required overdosing with triazine and had to be monitored by field personnel.
- Pro3® Nano achieves constant treatment with minimal field personnel oversite.
- Spent triazine required pigging to keep the pipeline flowing freely.
- Pro3®Nano produces non-hazardous iron and sulfur-based slurry which does not risk scale or other blockages.
- Pro3® Nano allowed operator to produce from location for a longer duration before needing a cleanout: 108 days vs 43 days from triazine.
- Pro3® Nano achieved no significant downtime and consistently met pipeline spec of 4 ppm.
Related Case Studies
Natural Gas - Triazine
Natural Gas Treatment
- By using triazine, no solids were generated and only half the amount of Triazine was needed for treatment. compared to Sulfa-Check.
Natural Gas - Triazine
Natural Gas Processing Plant H2S Optimization Program
- Run times per chemical change-out increased by 35% by using Triazine.