Q2 Technologies, a former subsidiary of Quaker Chemical which developed the MEA-Triazine scavengers used world-wide today, along with its Gulf Coast region distributor, Additive Direct Services, have brought to market the ProM® series of non-amine/non-triazine mercaptan scavengers. The ProM® series is the next generation of scavengers replacing MEA-Triazine in liquid hydrocarbon streams. These innovative mercaptan scavengers offer significant benefits, including a reduction in fouling/corrosion, enhanced operational efficiency, and superior mercaptan removal performance.
The ProM® series is the result of a need to reduce fouling/corrosion created by amine-based scavengers in refineries, production streams, and crude oil terminals while improving mercaptan removal performance compared to that of MEA-Triazine. By utilizing non-amine/non-triazine technology, ProM® addresses the challenges associated with fouling and corrosion, thereby enhancing the operational efficiency and lifespan of the equipment involved.
With its advanced formulation, ProM® provides exceptional mercaptan removal performance, surpassing that of MEA-Triazine scavengers. The ProM® series ensures highly effective and efficient removal of mercaptans from liquid hydrocarbon streams, resulting in improved quality and purity of the end products.
Choose ProM®, the cutting-edge mercaptan scavenger series, to benefit from its remarkable features such as reduced fouling/corrosion, enhanced operational efficiency, and superior mercaptan removal performance.
- A 50,000 bpd condensate splitter was facing fouling issues from MEA-Triazine.
- High volume of MEA-Triazine failed to reach crude oil mercaptan specification.
- The terminal was required to blend down various types of crude oil from different storage tanks to achieve a mercaptan specification ranging from 2-5 ppm.
- ProM® was recommended to meet mercaptan specifications at the terminal, reduce amount of blending required and reduce fouling and corrosion problems at neighboring condensate splitters.
- Extensive laboratory testing with different blends of EFL/EFR/ WTI indicated that the ProM® could meet required mercaptan specification of a variety of condensate blends.
- A dual pump on-site injection system and chemical bulk storage with 24/7 support staff allowed for treatment of large volumes of crude oil on demand.
- Pre-treatment Mercaptan level: 10 – 30 ppm per UOP-163/D-3227
- Post-treatment Mercaptan level: <2 ppm
- Condensate splitter feedstock of up to 1.5 million barrels per month was treated to reduce mercaptan levels and meet specification.
- ProM® chemistry allowed customer to meet mercaptan specifications that MEA-Triazine was unable to reach.
Related Case Studies
Crude Oil & Liquids - Pro3®
H2S Removal in Crude from Marine Tankers
- $10K per month chemical savings by using Pro3®
- Deliveries cut by 50%
- Millions of barrels treated and hundreds of tankers and barges in spec.
Crude Oil & Liquids - Pro3®
H2S Removal in Crude Oil Truck Terminal
- $35K per month chemical savings using Pro3®
- Deliveries cut by 75%
- Chemical use cut by 80%.
Crude Oil & Liquids - Pro3® and ProM®
Leading Midstream Treats H₂S & Mercaptans
- Pro3® and ProM® chemistries allowed customer to consistently meet H2S and Mercaptan specifications that 3rd party chemistry was unable to reach.
- Overall cost of treatment was reduced by >25%.